Earnings Season Kicks Off Tuesday
Earnings reports are scheduled for release from PepsiCo Inc. (NYSE: PEP) on Tuesday morning, and Levi Strauss & Co. (NYSE: LEVI) later in the day. Delta Air Lines Inc. (NYSE: DAL) will report on Thursday.
Earnings season will gain momentum next week with reports from American Express, Bank of America, Citigroup, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan, Microsoft, Netflix, Philip Morris, United Continental, and Wells Fargo.
Wednesday and Thursday: Powell Meets With Congress
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell kicks off a two-day address to Congress on Wednesday, when he will meet with the House Financial Services Committee, followed by a Thursday session with the Senate Banking Committee. New minutes for the June FOMC meeting will be released on Wednesday.
Other Events To Watch
- Adding to global concern over Turkey, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan fired central bank head Murat Cetinkaya on Saturday, presumably to pursue his own course on interest rate policy.
- U.S. Core CPI will be released Thursday, while PPI and Fed Monetary Policy Report will be issued on Friday.
- Another debate is scheduled for Tuesday between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt as they vie to replace Theresa May as Prime Minister.
More From CD Media:
- Big Tech Is Dying, Soon To Be Replaced, They Just Don’t Know It Yet
- Russia Says Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Will Never Be Part Of Georgia Again