Please Follow us on Gab, Minds, Telegram, Rumble, Gab TV, GETTR, Truth Social
The House Oversight and Accountability Committee on Wednesday demanded the University of Pennsylvania release information about anonymous donations from China to the Penn Biden Center over concerns that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) may be influencing the Biden administration’s foreign policy.
Classified documents were found at the Penn Biden Center office in Washington, D.C. on November 2, 2022 and later at one of the president’s Delaware properties. The classified documents were dated between 2013 and 2016, and include some classified documents related to Iran and Ukraine.
"The Committee has learned UPenn received millions of dollars from anonymous Chinese sources, with a marked uptick in donations when then-former Vice President Biden was announced as leading the Penn Biden Center initiative," the GOP-led committee stated. "Following the formation of the Penn Biden Center, donations originating from China tripled and continued while Joe Biden explored a potential run for President."
The statement follows a letter Committee Chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY) sent to the university President M. Elizabeth Magill.
The letter stipulates that ten employees associated with the Penn Biden Center are now serving in the Biden Administration. They include, but are not limited to: President Biden, Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kahl, US Ambassador to Germany Amy Gutman, US Ambassador to Canada David Cohen, and US Ambassador to the OSCE Dr. Michael Carpenter. Comer refers to them as “the Biden Administration in-waiting.”
“Between 2017 and 2019, UPenn paid President Biden more than $900,000, and the university employed at least 10 people at the Penn Biden Center who later became senior Biden administration officials—including Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kahl. Financial disclosures filed with the Office of Government Ethics reveal UPenn paid these Biden associates between $79,000 and $208,000,” wrote Comer. “Following President Biden’s 2020 election victory, he selected the UPenn president, Amy Gutmann, and the chairman of UPenn’s board of trustees, David Cohen, to be ambassadors of Germany and Canada, respectively. The former managing director of the Penn Biden Center, Dr. Michael Carpenter, now serves as ambassador to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. In the Obama-Biden Administration, Dr. Carpenter had responsibility over Russia and Ukraine while serving at the Department of Defense,” added Comer.
“It is imperative to understand whether any Biden family members or associates gained access to the classified documents while stored at the Penn Biden Center” concluded Comer.
The Chairman requested the following documents and information from UPenn no later than February 1, 2023.
1. All documents and communications related to donations originating from China to UPenn and/or the Penn Biden Center from January 20, 2017 to present;
2. A list of all Chinese donors—and the individual amount donated—to UPenn and/or the Penn Biden Center from January 20, 2017 to present;
3. All documents and communications related to soliciting donations for the Penn Biden Center;
4. A list of all employees of the Penn Biden Center—including information about their salary, job description, and dates of employment;
5. A list of all individuals with keycard access to the Penn Biden Center—including but not limited to members of President Biden’s family;
6. A visitor log of all individuals who met with President Biden at the Penn Biden Center; and
7. All documents and communications related to security at the Penn Biden Center.
Comer’s letter can be read in full here. https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-01-18-Letter-UPenn-Penn-Biden-Center.pdf
Subscribe to our evening newsletter to stay informed during these challenging times!!