Guest post by Tom Burbage
There are many positions being tested against the fabric of our nation. Many are clearly taken from the Socialist teachings of Karl Marx and his modern-day mouthpieces. This is a distributed bunch, focused on the many pieces of the puzzle that have the potential to change a nation within a single generation. They are not unique to this Administration, but they have found a soap box within this administration that has moved their voices from the fringe to the mainstream.
Today, real history is seldom taught in our school systems. After years of minimal interest in school curricula, should we be surprised that our public schools have become one of the key breeding grounds for the new vision for America? Awareness of this travesty was suddenly elevated with the virtual learning resulting from the pandemic. Parents woke up. Racial justice warriors, who operate for personal gain and have done little for the real issues that affect our society today, have been plying their trade for decades.
How many students today know that the United States moved from Articles of Confederation, adopted in 1777, to a Constitution, ratified in June 1789? The Constitution established the three branches of Government, bi-cameral chambers of Congress and an executive branch headed by the President to implement the decisions of Congress.
“The value of a written Constitution is beyond measure. Words have meaning. They are not open to arbitrary and unilateral interpretation or redefinition by those who would modify the Constitution to their whims” wrote Scott N Bradley.
Members of Congress take an oath “…that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic….”. State and federal officials, including all members of the military take the same oath.
So, why is there such a divide in the country today? As Scott Bradley said in the quote above, words matter. It is easy to define a foreign enemy. They tend to be defined by lines and uniforms. The Iron Curtain, The Berlin Wall, the 38th Parallel, the Maginot Line, to name a few. They have distinct characteristics and intentions that most can agree are a real threat. Our entire military defense structure is built on keeping America safe from foreign enemies.
Domestic enemies have none of those. They attack through fundamental institutional change. We established a Department of Homeland Security as a new element after 9-11. We have all witnessed the ease of neutering that organization with the debacle on the Southern Border. Domestic enemies also have supporters within our Institutions who would not agree with that moniker which contributes to the gridlock in developing any significant response.
The perfect storm of national decline we seem to be experiencing today may be the convergence of four things:
1. the imposition of critical theory, both law and race. Lady justice is no longer blind, laws are unevenly applied or ignored completely. Indoctrination in race-based ideology separates oppressors and the oppressed based solely on the color of their skin. Both have slid under the radar and now have traction.
2. the change in our public school curricula. What is now being taught is just as bad as what is not now being taught. Revisionist history attacks the Constitution as our guiding principle. But what is our Constitution? These are the schools delivering the next generation candidate pool for the leadership positions of America.
3. The forced movement to race based indoctrination in our military, the one Institution that has been and should always be merit-based. Originally labeled Critical Race Training (CRT), then Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Words matter and changing words does not change intent.
4. Lack of will to honor the oath all of us took as military veterans, members of Congress and political leaders and at least question the impact of this new domestic threat
Is it time to think about the Oath that binds us?
Mr Burbage is a Naval Academy graduate, former Navy Test pilot and industry leader. He is working with a group of like minded individuals concerned with the ongoing movement to fundamentally change the focus of our military and specifically our Service Academies.
CDMedia is being targeted and obviously too effective! We need your support to put more reporters in the field! Help us here!
- A Letter To The Students Of North Korea: Will America Follow Your Country’s Lead?
- The Sovietization Of America