In 1971 Saul Alinsky published Rules for Radicals, a Marxist primer for community organizers. Within the book, he attacked Christianity, capitalism, and even democracy. He spoke of America’s second revolution rooted in ‘people power.’ Organizers were trained to find and exploit conflict with Marxism’s natural enemies and were armed with the following rules:1
- Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
- Never go outside the experience of your people.
- Whenever possible go outside the experience of your enemy.
- Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
- Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
- A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
- A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
- Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
- The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
- The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
- If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break into its counterside.
- The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgement to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer.
- Saul Alinsky
Our enemies’ tactics are in plain sight. Despite denials, many of the leaders of the modern day American Marxist movement (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, etc) studied Alinsky’s precepts as community organizers and have now elevated his recipe for success to the national stage where they are on the offensive against everything that opposes Marxist traditions. Paralleling the rise of totalitarian regimes in Marxist nations, they are making their playbook national doctrine and are now moving to solidify their power by destroying all opposition.
Mao described 3 phases of the ‘People’s (Revolutionary) War.’2
- Organization, consolidation and preservation of base areas,
usually in difficult and isolated terrain.
- Progressive expansion by terror and attacks on isolated enemy units
to obtain arms, supplies and political support.
- Decision, or destruction of the enemy in battle.
Since 2020, Progressives (Marxists) in the Democratic Party have amassed enough power to conduct the 3rd phase of revolutionary war – complete the destruction of opponents of their political views and create a pure one-party state.
Study hard the enemies of our Constitution whose leader, President Biden, on September 1, 2022 projected well the evil and Hell his cause is unleashing on America. Emerging from a shadow and standing on a blood red backdrop resembling Hades and flanked by US Marines, Biden epitomized all we must fight against.
John Hughes, MD
USMA Class of 1996
3rd Generation West Pointer
4 combat tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan
1Alinsky, Saul D. Rules for Radicals. Vintage Books. New York City. 1971.