The United Nations has failed, and it is time for the United States to leave, remove all our funding, and pursue coalitions based on unity of purpose and mission at times when they are needed.
1. Iran is chairing a United Nations Human Rights forum.
2. The Iranian Foreign Minister stood in front of the 193 members of the United Nations, declaring that the United States would “not be spared from this fire” if Israel’s operations in the Gaza Strip did not cease.
"I say frankly to the American statesmen, who are now managing the genocide in Palestine, that we do not welcome (an) expansion of the war in the region. But if the genocide in Gaza continues, they will not be spared from this fire." Hossein Amirabdollahian
This is a member of a hostile foreign government threatening America on its own soil.
3. A resolution drafted by Arab states calling for a cease-fire in Gaza passed 120-14 with 45 abstentions. This was on October 27, 2023, when Israel could not afford to “pause” for any reason. The same assembly failed to condemn Hamas’ brutal attack on Israel.
4. Another hostile nation, China, continues to take over agencies and organizations within the United Nations to use them as a tool in their pursuit of global domination. The World Health Organization (WHO) is one example, which the Chinese Communist Party seems to have “purchased.”
5. The examples abound, and a quick survey of the UN Watch website shows those abundant failures. One of the goals of UN Watch is to “Monitor the UN by the yardstick of its own charter.” By that measure, they continue to fail.
The UN charter is easily summarized in this quote by former Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
“From this vision of the role of the United Nations in the next century flow three key priorities for the future: eradicating poverty, preventing conflict, and promoting democracy.” Kofi Annan
1. Eradicating poverty – failed
2. Preventing conflict – failed
3. Promoting democracy – failed
Identifying problems and failures is easy, but providing solutions is harder. Leaving the United Nations is the first critical step. Here is what I propose for how America remains engaged with the world outside of the UN.
1. Address situations only where we have national security interests and then with coalition nations who willingly associate to solve a specific issue.
2. Clearly define success for each situation and cease our efforts when those criteria have been achieved.
3. Those who are willing to remain part of the United Nations should decide where they will move the UN Headquarters. I recommend Geneva, Switzerland. Conveniently, numerous international organizations are in Geneva and should be willing to have the UN there. The World Economic Forum is one example, and through a quick search, at least sixty more were found.
It is commonly accepted that the definition of insanity is repeating the same steps while expecting different results. America remaining in and funding the United Nations with approximately twenty percent of its budget is insanity. It is time for us to engage the world on our own terms.
Subscribe to our evening newsletter to stay informed during these challenging times!!