The transcript of the telephone call between President Trump and newly elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has been released as promised.
Here it is:
To summarize, the call was as President Trump portrayed it: above board, friendly, and without quid-pro-quo, standing in stark contrast to Joe Biden’s “no $1 billion unless” dealings with the former Ukrainian president.
- Lack of European aid to Ukraine (Merkel and Macron mentioned)
- Potential for further Ukrainian purchases of U.S. arms (Javelin missile system)
- Crowdstrike ties to special prosecutor Robert Mueller’s investigation
- The firing of Ukrainian prosecutor general Viktor Shokin as it relates to Joe/Hunter Biden and Burisma
- Ukrainian energy independence
- Future visits by U.S. officials to Ukraine (including President Trump, Rudy Giuliani, A.G. Robert Barr)
Zelensky grovels a bit, mentioning that his campaign modeled itself off of Trump’s, and his recent stay at Trump Tower. When it comes to a potential visit to Ukraine, Zelensky sounds a bit like Carl from “Caddyshack” asking to swim in Ty Webb’s pool versus the pond: “We can either take my plane and go to Ukraine or we can take your plane, which is probably much better than mine.”
You can be certain of two things: Democratic leaders will try to paint this call as a high crime, and sane people will see it for what it was, a first conversation between two leaders of sovereign nations.
- If You Were The Dem Organized Crime Family And About To Be Prosecuted For An Illegal Coup, What Would You Do?
- Trump Is Right, ‘Climate Change’ Is A Plot By China To Destroy Western Economies